Getting to Ban Krut Beach
To Ban Krut by Bus
Most western tourists arrive at Ban Krut by bus.
- From the Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok, take the Bang Saphan Bus. If the driver is notified, one bus will stop on the highway at the Ban Krut intersection.
- Another bus stops at the market in Ban Krut. Motorcycle taxis will take you to the resort of your choice.
To Ban Krut by Car
- Take Phetkasem Highway, Route 4. Turn east at the Ban Krut "T" intersection near km marker 383. Start watching for the exit road well in advance I always used the Jack Beach Resort sign as my signal to slow and move to the left lane.
- If you see the "Ban Krut" intersection marker on the highway pedestrian bridge, you are too late! You have missed the turnoff and must make 2 "U" turns.
- After turning off Phetkasem, the beach area is another 9 to 11 km depending on which resort happens to be your destination. After crossing the railroad tracks, watch for the signs.
- If traveling north, you must make a U turn as there is no highway intersection at the Ban Krut access road.
To Ban Krut by Train
- Ban Krud has one of the more picturesque railway stations you will see in Thailand. And now the express trains stop daily.
- The "Sprinter" southbound from Bangkok to Surat Thani departs Bangkok Hua Lamphong at 07:30, air con at about Bt 350 which includes a meal, and arrives at Ban Krut at about 12:15 (assuming it's on time).
- If your are staying farther north in Bangkok, the sprinter departs Bangsue station at 08:30. Bangsue is the northerly-most subway station.
- Surat Thani to Bangkok (northbound) arrival/departure at Ban Krut is 14:15 ish.
- More local trains stop at Ban Krood